Monday, January 26, 2009

Stores I think I'd Enjoy

There are a few stores out there that I've always wanted to shop at, or order clothes from, but have not yet... I thought I'd share these with you! :D

1) Avenue

There is really no excuse why I have not been to this store. There is one in Tucson, where I am for roughly a third of every year, during school breaks. But, I just never have gotten myself to the store.

It's very similar to Lane Bryant, in that it's a little more... um... mature in clothing tastes than places like Torrid and Fashion Bug. But I know there are some amazing finds there, for example...



OMG Dresses!

(*cough* Okay, and maybe seeing Avenue countless times on What Not To Wear has influenced me as well in the want-to-shop-here market *cough*)

2) Nordstrom

I used to frown upon this store because I'm pretty sure the preppy girls (*cough*EMD*cough*) talked about this / carried bags from here all the time in high school. But I have learned they have plus-size now - a lot of dept stores do now. (Mervyn's did! ;__; Merrrrvyyyyynnnn's! I miss yooou!) They don't go much bigger than a 3X (size 22-24ish). I don't know how much of their online content can be found at a normal Nordstrom store, which is why I'm curious and want to go.

Although, I can tell from the website, they aren't cheap. But, I think I'd still enjoy...

3) B & Lu

B & Lu is a store I stumbled-upon when I typed in "plus-size" into my StumbleUpon toolbar. XD Buuut... their stuff is KEEEE-YUTE!!!



HOWEVER! They are an online-only store, and there's something about ordering online that I reeeeally don't like the thought of. Mainly, it's hard for me to know whether or not something will fit me, even by measurements. The idea of ordering something, not having it fit, and having to go to the trouble of shipping it back for a refund/exchange is a little too much for me. Maybe one day, when I understand sizes and measurements and stuff better, or if I see something I-absolutely-gotta-have-right-now, then maybe I'll try it.

4) Alight.com

I JUST came across this website, and as far as online stores go, this one is FANTASTIC! Sooooo muuuuch to choose from!! It's listed as junior plus, so it doesn't seem to run into the old-lady-clothes problem as much as the other sites do. And some stuff just tickle. my. fancy!

I'm kinda all over this red dress... god, clearly I want dresses, cuz that's all I ever seem to post right now...



There are probably hundreds of other stores I wish I could go to (for example, Sock Dreams! :D SQUEE!), but to post them all here will take FOREVER! I mean, this post took me two weeks to write up fully and post XD So yeap.

No comments:

Post a Comment