Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tights, Socks, Leggings and Hosiery, Oh my!

So, I'm starting off this fashion blog adventure by talking about something new I'm gushing about a bit. A little premature maybe, since I don't own any of the things I want to gush about.... but I want to!

If you don't know what I'm gonna talk about, you need to learn to read titles :P

Okay, background:

My heaviest feature is, without a doubt, my huge chunky baby thighs. Hate them hate them hate them. My thighs rub together. It's awful. Because of this, I rarely wear skirts and dresses, unless I wear leggings underneath.

Leggings rock, but don't help me with my petite stature. They make me seem shorter... (I need pix...)

Further background: I'm currently internet-stalking this amazing blonde skinny Swedish girl with this amazing life I wish I had. (original page I stumbled upon: http://community.livejournal.com/blackcigarette/962637.html). She wears a lot of tights and stuff. Observe:



I love the idea of tights and stuff! It's been cold and snowy here lately, and I figured out tights+skirt=can haz wearing during winter. Also, tights can = no chafing on my thighs!!!

However, most tights I've tried don't work... usually they don't fit in the crotch as well, because they are SO TIGHT around my huge enormous bulbous thighs (and so crazy not-tight around my beautiful shapely calves). This was the case with some tights I tried from Target. Ended up giving them to my roommate. Spanx has some terrific options (particularly I want these floral cord tights) but they're uber crazy expensive, so I haven't gotten to try any yet.

But then, while google language translate-stalking the sw swedish-language blog, I came across this picture:


She uses garters!

And I thought "Well that's cool!" and "Hey... if SHE does, maybe I should!" Torrid and places like that always have thigh highs, which I don't buy, cuz they'll roll down my funnel-like thighs. But... what if I kept them from falling, with, oh, idunno, garters?!?! :D

So I googled it, and came across this website with Extra Long Suspender Sock Garters. According to the website:
"Extra long for larger legs and for wearing thigh high. Easily attach these sock garters with suspender clips instead of the
traditional garter slide, perfect for clipping to thick socks!"


It looks AWESOME, cuz the model in the picture has legs almost exactly like mine!

Along with those garters, they include these Harajuku Super Loose Socks, which are super cute awesome on their own, but could actually go up my legs like that!

So I'm gushing about the possibilities. Tights from Spanx and places could work, and leggings + garters + socks = wearing a dress/skirt and looking ADORABLE during the winter! We'll have to see!!

I also need to look into some anti-chafing stuff... I know sports stores have some, but I feel self concious buying some. X* TO THE INTERNETZ! Oh wait.... already here.

1 comment:

  1. I have the thighs rubbing together problem too, and avoid skirts because of it. But, Target has a alternative brand to Spanx, called Assets, that work just as good because they are made by the same people! They are still a little pricey, but much less so than Spanx. And, all you really need is one pair. -- Lauren

    ReplyDelete